PeaceHealth is seeking a Maintenance Engineer - Facilities for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.05, more depending on experience.
Performs a variety of skilled journeyman level general, mechanical and preventative maintenance tasks. Conducts inspections, servicing, repair and overhaul of equipment and facilities of the medical center and medical center owned facilities. May serve as a technical expert in HVAC operations, service, and repair.
- Performs skilled repairs and operates plant equipment such as boilers, chillers, HVAC, air conditioners, fans, water systems and other fixed mechanical equipment. Ensures all HVAC work is in compliance with state hospital codes, EPA requirements, Uniform Mechanical Code, NFPA 70, NFPA 99 and all other applicable codes and standards.
- Operate building equipment and utility systems in a manner that will optimize the provision of a code compliant, safe, comfortable and healing environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Respond to and resolve skilled facility installation and repair requests for electrical, plumbing and department equipment as assigned.
- Document work on computerized work orders in such a way as to provide accurate repair and preventive maintenance history.
- Requisition, order and use maintenance and repair parts in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate, oversee and ensure outside vendor service is properly completed and meets hospital standards for repair and maintenance as assigned.
- Maintain and continually enhance operation, maintenance and repair knowledge of hospital utility systems and components, non-medical equipment and other assigned fixtures and appliances.
- Respond to and resolve alarm or emergency situations involving utility systems, life safety systems and equipment, general facility equipment including all non-medical fixtures and appliances.
- Maintain knowledge of hospital disaster, fire and hazardous material emergency processes. Actively participate in drills and critiques as well as actual emergencies.
- Maintain knowledge of current required safety practice and always performs daily work in compliance with these safety practices.
- Perform new equipment in-coming inspection and installation as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High-school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship program or a combination of skills, ability and experience required.
- Associate's degree in electrical or mechanical field of study preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in facility maintenance required.
- Experience with industrial or commercial HVAC maintenance and/or service experience strongly preferred.
- Washington or Oregon State driver’s license is required.
- Competency in operation of computerized building automation systems.
- Basic electronic and computer systems knowledge preferred.
- Ability to analyze needed repairs and prioritize work accordingly is required.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and troubleshoot mechanical problems is required.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to use proper verbal communication skills in performing job on a daily basis.
- Must be able to operate powered and non-powered hand tools in daily performance of routine duties.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work constantly requires active physical exertion less than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.