PeaceHealth Whatcom Hospice is seeking a Hospice Massage Therapist for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides massage therapy to support the enhancement of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. The massage therapist administers massage according to patient need and condition and evaluates the impact of the massage by patient reaction and level of pain/discomfort.
Details of the position
- Provide massage therapy to patients in their place of residence.
- Understand the unique physical and emotional needs of frail, fragile patients at the end of life.
- Contact patient prior to visit to arrange mutually acceptable schedule for visit.
- Prepare for visit by communicating with Team members and reading necessary chart notes in medical record.
- Follow all PeaceHealth guidelines for infection control and universal precautions.
- Coordinate care with other members of the Interdisciplinary Care Team to meet goals of unified care plan.
- Document content and outcome of visits in Electronic Medical Record (Epic).
- Ability to create Care Plan for massage, including frequency determinations, goals and treatment interventions appropriate to the patient situation.
- Assess pain and comfort levels at both the beginning of the session and at the end.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you bring
- Graduation from an accredited institution offering professional massage training.
- Previous massage experience with geriatric, terminally ill and medically fragile populations preferred.
- Must maintain current license with the Washington State Board of Massage.
- Work requires active physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please contact Julie Fischer; [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.