Job ID: 32781
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Per Diem - Relief
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Select benefits
Are you interested in working with fresh food in a scratch kitchen? Do you have a passion for serving others and healing through food in the healthcare industry? PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center may be the place for you!
We have openings for a Prep Cook/ Food Service Assistant for per-diem relief position. Compensation starts at $15.00 more depending on experience. We offer generous paid time off, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, career development, advancement opportunities, and tuition reimbursement to support continuing education.
· Accurately follow and prepare recipes using proper food handling techniques.
· Maintain appropriate records according to regulatory and department standards for food safety.
· Properly clean and sanitize workstation according to safety and sanitation guidelines.
· Organize, calculate and produce food as directed according to the needs of the business.
· Prepare hot and cold foods according to the recipe and following production methods and food styling guidelines, taking customer service into consideration.
· Prepare meals to order according to patient and Café customer orders. Assist with assembly of patient food trays and service of Café customers.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
·Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
· Must be over 18 years old. High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Washington State Food Handler Card is required. Advanced food safety certification is preferred.
· Must have a working knowledge of all basic food preparation techniques, methods, equipment and tools used in a commercial kitchen.
· Minimum two years experience in healthcare or full-service kitchen.
· Formal culinary training or equivalent experience preferred.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Ability to work well with others.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume.
PeaceHealth and Thomas Cuisine are committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vegs/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws. These positions are represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
For full details please reach out to [email protected]