PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Technician for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.38, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, this position is responsible for performing supportive clerical and technical tasks to assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care. Accuracy, reliability, and excellent customer service skills are the cornerstone of the pharmacy technician expectations. May perform receiving and stores clerk functions.
- Enter inpatient orders/prescriptions into the computer and prepare labels for medications to be checked by the pharmacist.
- Answer telephones when appropriate and within legal guidelines and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
- Inspects medications for outdates in patient care area Pyxis stations on a quarterly basis.
- Prepares IVs, PCAs, Epidurals and labels all IV products. Prepares chemotherapeutic intravenous medications as requested.
- Packages drugs into unit dose packaging and maintains packaging records.
- Reconstitutes medication by adding a specific quantity of distilled water requiring no calculation.
- Run fill lists and prepares medications for Cubies or Pyxis stations.
- Delivers medications and IVs to patient care areas. Delivers controlled substances to patient care areas, takes controlled substance physical inventories, and reconciles controlled substance inventory counts.
- Data enters patient charges and credits.
- Check in the order, processes invoices, credits, and backorders. Restocks medication on the shelves as needed and, if needed, purchases medication from suppliers.
- Maintain assigned work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. (See section below for varied requirements by state.)
- Minimum of one year’s experience in hospital pharmacy utilizing unit dose, IV admixtures, and pharmacy computer systems preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- See section below for varied state requirements.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills including excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment
- Ability to take suggestions, corrections, and directions from the pharmacists
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Graduation from, or completion of, a Pharmacy Commission-approved technician training program.
- For initial licensure, must show proof of passing a board-approved national standardized Pharmacy Technician Certification exam.
- Currently licensed as a Pharmacy Technician by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Work involves exposure to hazardous medication and/or sharp instruments.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.