PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Cardiac Surgery Unit / OHVI 4 for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position to provide professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team. Hourly compensation starts at $41.39, more depending on experience
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**$10,000 Sign on bonus for eligible candidates!**
**Relocation assistance available**
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Cardiac Surgery Unit - Nursing care of stroke patients with cardiac co-morbidity, 8-24 hours post tPA or thrombectomy or more frequent monitoring than can be provided on the floor. Care of patients post Carotid Artery Stenting, and coiling of non-ruptured aneurysms. Performance of NIHSS, nursing bedside swallow screen. Perform stroke patient education utilizing health literacy education principles. Familiar with stroke guideline driven stroke discharge medications.
- Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- One year experience in an acute care facility OR successful completion of an approved training course/orientation and standard competencies within six months of hire required.
- One year previous cardiac nursing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- BLS at date of hire required.
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- NIHSS certification required within 6 months of hire and recertify every 2 years.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Job duties may require use of additional PPE such as eye shield, respirator, and mask.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Relocation Assistance
- Great shift differentials
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period
- Professional practice support
- Collaborative team environment
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.