PeaceHealth is seeking a Risk Management Specialist . Hourly compensation range is $23.42 -$35.14, depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**Onsite position. Specialist will live within commuting distance of Bellingham, WA.
Responsible for supporting daily activities within the Risk Management program through event review, risk identification, loss prevention, complaint and grievance management to improve the quality and safety of patient care, reduce risk, and minimize potential loss. Responsible for gathering and analyzing data and preparing reports as directed by the risk management leadership.
- Assists the clinical risk managers and director with preparing a case for review by gathering materials for investigations such as medical records, timelines and preliminary feedback from patients and/or caregivers.
- Responds to patient complaints and grievances received by the Risk Management department in person or by returning incoming calls. Investigates the concern and develops timelines for the event. Coordinates correspondence management including handling mail and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements related to written grievance responses and correspondence. Creates and tracks patient Safe2Share files, coordinates and tracks service recovery costs and verifies billing adjustments are correct.
- Serves as subject matter resource for the Safe2Share application, provides training to frontline users and managers. Initiates Safe2Share reports on demand for survey and accreditation. Provide variance and feedback trending reports by request to local leaders. Will task other disciplines for purposes of event notification and review.
- Fields questions of issues that may include but are not limited to guardianship requests, policy reviews, operational liability issues, interpretation of codes, statues, subpoenas, laws and regulations, notice of governmental investigations or other issues requiring legal notification or opinion. Provides notification to the clinical risk manager when assistance is needed, and a more involved review is required.
- Coordinates the Death in Restraint log and ensures for proper regulatory reporting.
- Reviews and identifies safety events and close calls. Tasks an appropriate individual or team who will address the event. Follows up with stakeholders to ensure appropriate action was taken.
- Acts as resource to caregivers and leadership with regard the Safe2Share Feedback Module.
- Assists in developing and presenting educational programs on health care risk management and related topics for health care practitioners including educational materials and publications.
- Coordinates conferences and meetings, including but not limited to the Risk Management Grievance Committee or other meetings as requested by the Risk Management team. Performs agenda planning, taking minutes, preparing and archiving accurate minutes, preparing information packets, and all event/meeting planning logistics.
- Provides administrative support to the risk management department within the assigned network.
- Provides customer service to caregivers, patients, and guests; ensuring continuous improvement of a patient focused environment.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Nursing, Business or Computer Science required or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
- Minimum of three years of experience in customer service, service recovery, patient experience, patient advocacy and/or patient relations in a healthcare setting.
- Prior risk management specialist experience preferred.
- Experience handling complaints and grievances desired.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and make decision with minimal supervision regarding routine matters while efficiently forwarding priority issues for action/response, written or verbal instructions.
- Advanced ability utilizing MS office suite, specifically Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Database usage skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, proficiency in effective written and verbal communications
- Ability to prioritize work projects, independently manage duties and resolve conflicting deadlines. Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team with a strong work ethic.
- Coordination of risk management meeting, educational presentations, and interviews.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with an overall attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize high level projects.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of medical and legal terminology strongly preferred.
SYSTEM PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.