PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Innovation & Research for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides overall daily management of innovation and research projects in collaboration with nursing leadership and nurse scientist. Works in collaboration with nursing leadership, clinical nurse educators and nurse residency program coordinator, and nurse scientist within the setting and across the system to foster the development and implementation of innovative nursing strategies. Engages in research to foster health outcomes and promote innovation in practice, education, and patient care. Facilitates professional growth, skill development, competency, and attainment of standards for PeaceHealth Nursing. Serves as a nurse leader and role model in advancing professional nursing to achieve optimal patient quality and safe care. Will provide oversight of nurse navigators and all projects.
- Organizes programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Supports the implementation and coordination of clinical research projects.
- Maintains required documentation related to research and innovation.
- Develops an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Coordinates or participates in identified research and innovation projects to achieve the organizations goals.
- Identifies and navigates barriers related to implementation of innovative processes and conducting research.
- Participates in innovation and research-related policy development and maintenance.
- Manages a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensures goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Implements and manages changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meets with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise stated)
- BSN required.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years nursing experience in an acute care hospital.
- Completion of Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI Program) within 6 months of hire and as required.
- Experience in effective program management, having been a strong member of program management team(s).
- Experience as a nurse manager, asst nurse manager or charge nurse/team lead experience preferred.
- Clinical-research related experience preferred
- Current RN licensure in state of practice.
- Nursing Specialty certification preferred.
- Understanding and role models PeaceHealth nursing professional. practice model and the ANA scope and standards of professional practice.
- Ability to manage complex projects through all phases of development, implementation, and follow-up.
- Knowledge of professional, clinical workflows, and system processes.
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a highly matrixed and disbursed organization.
- Understanding of transformational leadership and “Leading by example” the transformational change brought about by the program.
- Engages in professional development with a commitment to improvement.
- Ability to receive and provide feedback.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Ability to apply theory in practice.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Word and Excel; Strong skills with MS Outlook, Skype, OneNote, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and SharePoint required.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.