PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Nurse Navigator for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
The Nurse Navigator supports in the development of identified quality improvement and research projects within the nursing division. Works in collaboration with the Director of Career Development and Retention, Program Manager, Innovation and Research, Nurse Scientist, Nursing Leadership, Clinical Educators, and Clinical Nurses to assist in the development and implementation of innovative nursing strategies which contribute to optimal patient care and quality outcomes. Serves as a liaison in the professional development of our clinical nurses. Serves as a collaborator in ways to improve practice and the work environment and assists nurses with evaluation of best practices and innovation.
- Ensures innovative and research initiatives improve patient and family experience, outcomes, and the nursing workforce.
- Partners with study PI and investigative team.
- Supports data gathering initiatives related to innovation and research studies.
- Supports the dissemination and implementation of innovative and research projects.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards.
- Supports the nursing mission, vision, values, and nursing strategic plan in innovative design and research team support.
- Role models and demonstrates patient and family centered care in all interactions.
- Supports the implementation and application of care standards to support the delivery of high-quality, safe patient care.
- Attends and supports council and committee meetings as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise stated)
- Bachelor of Science in nursing within six months of hire.
- Master's degree in Healthcare related field preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years nursing experience in an acute care hospital.
- Completion of Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI Program) within 6 months of hire and as required.
- Clinical-research related experience preferred
- Experience as Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse/Team Lead experience preferred.
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the state of practice.
- Certification in area of specialty or obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Understanding and role models PeaceHealth nursing professional practice model and the ANA scope and standards of professional practice.
- Knowledge of professional, clinical workflows, and system processes.
- Understanding of project management.
- Ability to receive and provide feedback.
- Ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Ability to apply theory in practice.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Word and Excel; Strong skills with MS Outlook, Skype, OneNote, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and SharePoint required.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.