**Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available **
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinic - Gastroenterology for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Hourly compensation starts at $36.02, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing care to patients in the clinic/outpatient setting in compliance with professional practice standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs. This includes assessing patient’s condition, triaging patient phone calls, counseling patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
What You Bring:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS may be required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Effective prioritization skills
- Ability to provide health education to patients, staff and community
- Knowledge of Medicare, JCAHO & HCFA regulations pertaining to ambulatory care
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon Bariatric Center:
- Provide patient education pre and postoperatively.
- Coordinate patient care management pre and postoperatively including insurance authorization.
- BSN preferred; Certification in Case Management preferred.
- Experience in care and coordination of Bariatrics patients preferred.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Maureen, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.