PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacist for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $62.14, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for performing all necessary functions to ensure optimal use of medications to achieve specific outcomes that improve a patient’s quality of life. Functions included in providing compassionate pharmaceutical care are both cognitive and medication distribution related and include: dispensing and distributing drugs; advising physicians and patients regarding proper usage of prescribed drugs; collaboration with other healthcare professional to plan, monitor, review and evaluate patient effectiveness; monitoring patients for side effects and drug interactions.
- Reviews medication orders for appropriateness and accuracy including, but not limited to: contraindications, allergies, dose, route, frequency, duplicate therapy and formulary status.
- Interprets, clarifies, and rectifies physician medication and IV orders, including the medication reconciliation process.
- Interprets, clarifies, and rectifies prescriptions and selects medications for outpatient dispensing.
- Monitors all patients on specified target drugs and initiates pharmacokinetic dosing protocols.
- Evaluates drug therapy for appropriateness and makes drug therapy recommendations to clinician.
- Prescribes drug therapy per collaborative drug therapy management agreements/Medical Executive Committee approved protocols.
- Dispenses the final product for administration and performs patient counseling.
- Detect, monitor, and report adverse drug events and medication errors (EIR).
- Supervise and train pharmacy technicians to assure accurate order entry, preparation, and proper technique.
- Supervise and trains pharmacy interns and externs. May serve as preceptor for the intern or extern as defined by the State Board of Pharmacy.
- Participate in development of drug protocols and clinical pathways.
- Perform drug usage evaluations on selected drugs and reports results to the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee. Completes quality assurance auditing as required for prescriptive authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS/PharmD degree required.
- Demonstrated basic pharmacy clinical skills.
- Demonstrated customer services skills.
- Currently licensed or able to obtain Registered Pharmacist license to practice pharmacy in the state in which caregiver will be working.
- BLS and ACLS/PALS certification preferred.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Ability to identify medications and to read graduation marks on syringes and flasks
- Strong planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to think and act independently
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Northwest Network – St. Joseph Medical Center:
- Pharmacy Residency Preceptor preferred
- Northwest Network - Anticoagulation Clinic:
- Certification in Ambulatory Care or Geriatric Pharmacy Certification is preferred.
- Requires certification in Anticoagulation Therapy OR currently enrolled in such a program and be certified within a 6 month period of being hired.
- Implement, document, and monitor, with health care team, patient anticoagulation management for achievement of desired therapeutic outcomes
Northwest Network - St. Joseph Cancer Center:
- At least one year of pharmacy oncology experience required
- BPS Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP) preferred
- Pharmacy Residency Preceptor preferred
Northwest Network - PIMC:
- Will perform environmental services, security assistance and emergency response duties as needed.
- Successfully completes the non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) course during orientation and renews training as outlined in policy.
Northwest Network - PIMC, Whatcom and United:
- Current Registered Pharmacist license required in the state of WA on date of hire.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids. Work involves exposure to hazardous medication and/or sharp instruments.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.