PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Hospice Coordinator - Hospice for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $43.98, more depending on experience.
In addition to a competitive hourly wage and excellent benefits, PeaceHealth is offering a $5000.00 sign on bonus to fill this position quickly.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Coordinate/facilitate discharge activities for Hospice appropriate patients during their hospital stay. Assist with Advanced Care Planning discussions with inpatient Palliative Care team. Coordination with physicians to meet discharge needs of all care management patients at the end of life.
DETAILS OF POSITION:
- Coordinate discharge planning activities by identifying patient's physical, psychosocial and cultural needs. Provide resources appropriate to patient’s age. Evaluate referrals for Hospice suitability/eligibility and discuss with physician, primary case nurse, patient and family. Serve as liaison to extended care facilities (ECF) to coordinate information on Hospice appropriate patients entering the ECF. Set up ancillary services, supplies and equipment needed to maintain patient's safety at home upon discharge from hospital.
- Provide care planning/coordination to include effective planning with appropriate members of the care team. Recommend alternative plan of care to physician and discharge planner if appropriate. Participate in discharge planning conferences to receive referrals, identify hospice-appropriate patients and exchange information regarding patient progress. Maintain communication with patient care team and discharge planning to facilitate problem-solving about patient issues.
- Perform effective communication and documentation by communicating and documenting coordinator interventions during hospitalization in accordance with standards. Utilize recognized organization communication standard. Keep abreast of and comply with departmental and organizational changes and events through reading appropriate communications and attending unit and assigned meetings.
- Provide education to new employees, volunteers, physicians, families, patients and nurses regarding Hospice and Palliative Care services utilizing available education resources.
- Delegate only those tasks that are appropriate within the scope of practice of other healthcare providers.
- Perform general duties to include maintaining a working knowledge of infection control, risk management and emergency preparedness plans. Actively participate in performance improvement initiatives. Demonstrate knowledge of hospital, interdepartmental and unit goals, standards and operations. Maintain and update knowledge of and is responsive to the laws and regulations which affect his/her practice.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING(required unless otherwise noted)
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of one year of hospice experience (or may have equivalent combination of education and/or experience).
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required upon hire.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to teach.
- Knowledge of nursing processes and practices.
- Knowledge of patient care needs in a Hospice/HomeCare environment.
PHSW - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.