PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Coordinator TAVR Support - Cardiovascular Administration for a Part Time, 0.50 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for the coordination of the Cardiac Valve Program. Ensures continuity of care through optimized patient assessment, clinical triage coordination, direct communication with physicians, daily patient management. Provides a continuum of patient and family education from referral to follow-up. Coordinator is the primary contact for referring physicians, patients, families, hospital and office staff, and vendors.
- Assists patient and families in understanding their diagnosis and the work-up involved to qualify for the TAVR/Valve procedure and follow-up.
- Assists with the coordination and development of the clinical guidelines of practice for the outpatient Cardiovascular Offices, Cardiac Catheterization Labs, and assigned inpatient nursing units.
- Acts as single point of contact for patients and families, including telephone triage, and the wait to be scheduled for the TAVR.
- Follows patients through the continuum, including Pre-admission testing, inpatient admission, 30 day and one year follow up.
- Reinforces patient education and direct patients and families to available resources and support services.
- Ensures patients receive a treatment plan that is understandable and feasible.
- Assesses for clinical, emotional, spiritual, psychosocial and other patient/family needs.
- Assures all Medicare requirements in National Coverage Decision for TAVR are completed.
- Coordinates timely scheduling of tests, procedures, and appointments.
- Coordinates case review presentation for TAVR clinical meetings
- Works closely with data analyst to collect TVT Registry data, track outcomes and support strategic planning processes.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise designated)
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program.
- Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) degree.
- Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) and/or Health Sciences preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Cardiac nursing including two years of clinical experience in a hospital environment.
- Must be able to work in self-direct environment.
- Current registered nurse license in state of practice.
- CVRN or CCVN certification preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent physician relations.
- Proficient computer skills including EMR, PACS systems and MS Office applications.
- Insight into the roles and responsibilities of the interdisciplinary team members.
- Self-directed, results oriented.
- Work requires light physical exertion including sitting for 67-100% of the time
- Ability to seldom lift objects weighing up to 40lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail 80-95% of work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.