***Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance May Be Available***
PeaceHealth RiverBend Medical Center in Springfield, Oregon is seeking a MRI Technologist for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation is $37.85 - $65.35; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, work location, and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Responsible for performing all routine and specialized MRI procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
Details about the position:
- Prepare, supply, and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems. Recognizes and ensures additional study and examination techniques are applied when abnormalities are present.
- Operates MRI scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies the ACR Guidance Document for Safe MR Practices to ensure patient, visitor and caregiver safety.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required or equivalent education and/or experience as required for obtaining certification/license/registration as required by State for clinical practice.
- Minimum of one year previous experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need.
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of radiologic and MRI terminology, practices, procedures, physiology, and human cross-sectional anatomy.
- Demonstrated competency in computer-based programs as they relate to MR applications.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required. ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- One of the following is required at date of hire:
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
- ARRT (MR) certification.
- Registered Ultrasound Sonographer ARDMS,
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist with CNMT or ARRT (N)
- ARMRIT certification
- ARRT (MR) certification is required within one year of hire (except for ARMRIT Technologists).
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI). Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
For a complete description of this position, or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.