PeaceHealth is seeking a Front Office Educator - Ambulatory Education for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $27.61, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Spotlight on St John Medical Center: https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5685
Recently named one of Forbes Magazine’s prettiest American cities and a Tree City USA, is Longview Washington, an ideal location on the Columbia River and next to beautiful forests is just 40 miles north of Portland, Oregon, 2 hours south of Seattle, and a short drive to the beautiful Pacific coastline and year-round adventures on Mt Hood, Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens and Mt Adams. Here and in the other Lower Columbia communities served by PeaceHealth, you can enjoy the familiarity of small-town life, the challenge of working in a first-class regional medical facility, and the fun of living close to the beach, close to the mountains, and close to the big-city attractions.
Coordinates and delivers initial and ongoing education for Front Office and Patient Access Representative caregivers working in the PeaceHealth Medical Group based on defined compliance requirements, caregiver functional knowledge, supporting business and quality improvement, workflows and processes. Assists in the development of training including learner resources and appropriate training modalities. Integrates the learning needs of participants into instruction process. Works with the leadership team to evaluate impact and identify strategies for improvement.Details of the position:
- Develops and presents role-based training content to front office and Patient Access Representative caregivers, in support of system and department policies, procedures and practices. Incorporates adult learning principles and contemporary teaching strategies into class or online presentations and trainings.
- Collaborates with other Learning and Development team members to create and deliver discipline specific on-boarding learning and education pathway.
- Develops education plans to ensure caregivers achieve competency positively impacting PeaceHealth’s key strategies and outcomes.
- Assists in creating measures of caregiver proficiency/competence and documentation of training including quality assurance and follow-up activities. Evaluates, revises and documents improvements to current training program. Assesses caregiver satisfaction and evaluates training effectiveness.
- Updates and maintains appropriate educational materials, job aids, and documentation procedures using standardized tools and templates.
- Completes performance analysis and assesses gaps in knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) and provides discipline specific training solutions. Works with preceptors, super users, clinical leads, charge nurses, supervisors and managers to mentor caregivers to improve knowledge skill and abilities.
- Uses standard templates, tools, and processes in training delivery, competency validation and documentation.
- Documents attendance and/or validates proficiency and competency towards educational goals and objectives in learning management system as appropriate.
- Performs rounding for designated populations and assists in the resolution of issues identified by leadership or through the Cherwell Issue Tracking System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Associates Degree, business school or technical training program completion or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Additional training and certifications in adult learning or education preferred.
- Minimum of two years in a training or education role, healthcare-related lead, EHR support specialist, super user or preceptor role required.
- Experience in Epic or other similar electronic medical programs preferred.
- Experience with learning management systems preferred.
- This position must meet Epic Systems’ required credentialing criteria within 3 months of hire.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with adult learning principles, training delivery and classroom management
- Experience with projection equipment and/or webinar technology.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time within network and system.
- Flexible schedule
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.