PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Technician for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position.
Hourly compensation is $21.17 - $35.96; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience.
This position is responsible for performing all necessary functions to ensure optimal use of medications to achieve specific outcomes that improve a patient’s quality of life. Functions included in providing compassionate pharmaceutical care are both cognitive and medication distribution related and include: dispensing and distributing drugs; advising physicians and patients regarding proper usage of prescribed drugs; collaboration with other healthcare professional to plan, monitor, review and evaluate patient effectiveness; monitoring patients for side effects and drug interactions.
Details of the Position
- Reviews medication orders for appropriateness and accuracy including, but not limited to: contraindications, allergies, dose, route, frequency, duplicate therapy and formulary status.
- Interprets, clarifies and rectifies physician medication and IV orders, including the medication reconciliation process.
- Interprets, clarifies and rectifies prescriptions and selects medications for outpatient dispensing.
- Monitors all patients on specified target drugs and initiates pharmacokinetic dosing protocols.
- Evaluates drug therapy for appropriateness and makes drug therapy recommendations to clinician.
- Prescribes drug therapy per collaborative drug therapy management agreements/Medical Executive Committee approved protocols.
- Dispenses the final product for administration and performs patient counseling.
- Detect, monitor and report adverse drug events and medication errors (EIR).
- Supervise and train pharmacy technicians to assure accurate order entry, preparation and proper technique.
- Supervise and trains pharmacy interns and externs. May serve as preceptor for the intern or extern as defined by the State Board of Pharmacy.
- Participate in development of drug protocols and clinical pathways.
- Perform drug usage evaluations on selected drugs and reports results to the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee. Completes quality assurance auditing as required for prescriptive authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS/PharmD degree required.
- Demonstrated basic pharmacy clinical skills.
- Demonstrated customer services skills.
- Currently licensed or able to obtain Registered Pharmacist license to practice pharmacy in the state in which caregiver will be working.
- BLS and ACLS/PALS certification preferred.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Ability to identify medications and to read graduation marks on syringes and flasks
- Strong planning, prioritizing and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to think and act independently
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PIMC, Whatcom and United:
- Current Registered Pharmacist license required in the state of WA on date of hire.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.