PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Team Support - Infusion Center for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.73, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Assists the healthcare team in maintaining an efficient nursing unit through effective communication, organizational and nursing skills and professionalism. Provides patient care within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Performs assigned tasks within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant and in accordance with PeaceHealth and general nursing policies and procedures.
- Meets or exceeds customer needs as a patient advocate, exercises discretion in the management of patient information and assures strict patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in patient’s status to the appropriate care team member.
- Responsible for clerical duties on the unit, to include but not limited to:
Promotes the safety and security of the unit through:
- Accurate transcription of orders
- Coordinates patient admission, discharge and transfer as applicable to unit
- Coordinates patient registration, scheduling and insurance authorizations as applicable to unit
- Provides effective communication linkage between all care team members
- Monitors, maintains and orders unit supplies.
Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.Within the scope of a Nursing Assistant; demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- A working knowledge of fire, biohazard, electrical safety, infection control policies and disaster plan.
- Proper ergonomics
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Oregon: Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care (level II) program required. (see below for department specific requirements)
- Previous Certified Nursing Assistant experience is preferred.
- Previous Unit Secretary or related experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers is preferred.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification level II required. (see below for department specific requirements)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Good communication and organization skills are required.
- Flexibility, self-motivation and strong customer service skills are required.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
OREGON WEST NETWORK: SHMC RiverBend – ICU
- A minimum of one year of Unit Secretary, Patient Team Support (Ward Clerk) or related experience is required.
OREGON WEST NETWORK: SHMC RiverBend – Surgical Procedure Area
- Previous Unit Secretary, Patient Team Support (Ward Clerk) or related experience is required.
OREGON WEST NETWORK: SHMC Wound and Ostomy Department
- Will perform environmental services.
SHMC at RiverBend and University District:
- CNAs may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center UD and RiverBend provided that they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit specific competencies and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit. Including but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse educator they are floating to.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.