PeaceHealth is seeking a Mgr Clinical Training & Prof Dev - BH for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides program management responsibilities across the PeaceHealth system. Responsible for the implementation of the Behavioral Health Service Line’s training strategy, and as such will organize, manage, and administer all aspects of training including comprehensive planning, program development, and implementation of policies and procedures, determining resources needed to maintain and/or expand the program, securing clinical rotations and the qualified supervising clinicians needed for primary clinical experiences, overseeing the quality and quantity of training, and establishing initiatives and direction connected to the overall strategic plan. Provides hands-on leadership, including strategic and operational management of relationships with employees, vendors and consultants. Builds, implements, and leads programs and services that promote a thriving, healthy culture among caregivers at PeaceHealth.
- Manages and provides clinical and administrative supervision to direct reports across the three networks.
- Oversees the establishment, implementation, and management of the Behavioral health Service Line’s professional development initiatives, including but not limited to training program design, coordination of training for current clinicians and fellows, policy oversight, and budget management.
- Develops relationships with graduate schools of professional psychology and other relevant graduate training programs to recruit pre-doctoral trainees, interns, and postdoctoral fellows to PeaceHealth.
- Utilizes best practices and scientific research in psychology and the field of mental health to strategically develop, implement and evaluate the training program and the needs of the current clinical caregivers and providers.
- Identifies and collects meaningful data to measure success of Clinical Training program and share results with key stakeholders.
- Maintains and regularly updates the training manuals, policies, and procedures (including those required by regulatory changes) related to Behavioral Health.
- In collaboration with the managing psychologists and clinical managers across the system, creates and maintains clinical rotations for trainees in the Behavioral Health Service Line.
- Collaborates with Legal, Organizational Integrity, and Regulatory departments to ensure regulations (in Oregon, Washington, and Alaska) related to Behavioral Health remain up to date, and policies/procedures are updated accordingly.
- Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, and units to achieve business goals. Drives the promotion of teamwork within and between departments; participates and/or leads and facilitates department process improvements as needed.
- Drives change initiatives, maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Partners effectively with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral Degree in psychology required.
- Minimum 5 years of mental health experience required.
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience required.
- Clinical Training experience preferred.
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and critical thinking through self-direction initiative and effective interpersonal skills and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities, comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
- Demonstrates highly effective communication skills—strong written communications and platform presentation abilities
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in the workplace
- Capable of leading teams/facilitating groups, building consensus and garnering highest confidence in professionalism and work product by senior leadership
- Ability to work under pressure and balance many competing priorities; highly responsive and solution/action oriented
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software
- Maintains a positive and supportive attitude and demeanor
- Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information
- Ability to manage a remote team
PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.