PeaceHealth is seeking a Emergency Department Technician II for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $20.42, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
****Hiring bonus may be available****
This position is responsible for performing direct patient care activities within his/her scope of practice under the direction of Physician in the Emergency Department. They will assist the nursing staff in providing high quality and compassionate care for patients to promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all member of the care delivery team.
- Participate in patient care in collaboration with and supervised by RN: which may include vital signs; IV starts; blood draws; document on flow sheet; communicate with patient and family; set-up and assist with procedures; clean and dress wounds; splinting; assist with airway management; initiate cardiac monitoring; may be required to perform emergency defibrillation; point of care testing; patient transport; patient discharge.
- Performs basic patient observation skills and reports significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member. Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean. Room set-up.
- Performs clerical and communication functions to support departmental operations and patient care.
- Order entry and results retrieval in the computer system.
- Document patient care in health care record according to standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Graduate of EMT-Intermediate or EMT-Paramedic certification course required.
- Experience in the pre-hospital or emergency department setting preferred.
- Successful completion of ED orientation/training and standard competencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
OREGON ONLY: Current state EMT-Intermediate (EMT-I) or EMT-Paramedic (EMT-P) certification required or Advanced EMT (AEMT).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at time of hire.
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Completion of ED specific competency-based education
- IV Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Sufficient knowledge of English, spelling and arithmetic to complete and compile reports, make out requisitions, maintain simple records and perform various clerical duties
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network – Sacred Heart Medical Center (University or RiverBend):
- ACLS certification required at date of hire.
Oregon West Network – Sacred Heart Medical Center – RiverBend:
- Will NOT perform emergency defibrillation.
Oregon West Network - Cottage Grove Community Medical Center Emergency Department:
- May administer medications as defined by the Oregon Administrative Rules Scope of Practice and may perform triage.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS – UNIVERSITY DISTRICT
- Work requires moderate physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.