PeaceHealth is seeking a Inventory Control Clerk - Emergency Department for a Part Time, 0.60 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.10, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for maintaining control of all supply and equipment inventory for the department.
- Maintain and monitor inventory control system of supplies and/or equipment. This includes receiving, shelving, restocking and monitoring to assure no outdates.
- Determine appropriate inventory levels based on policies and procedures.
- Requisition, receive and replenish supplies/equipment when stock reaches designated order point or based on anticipated volumes.
- Perform inventory control and asset management. May perform and document equipment checks as well as submitting work orders and follow up on repairs.
- May also be responsible for the following: collaborating with clinical department are staff and management, as well as Materials Management staff and management to determine need for product or level changes; informing department staff of supply shortages and substitutions and assisting in problem-solving/action plan as needed for same; responding to stat requests as needed; facilitating annual inventory for assigned area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in hospital materials management or inventory control using information technology preferred.
- May require valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, take responsibility and ownership.
- Requires self-direction and ability to work with minimal supervision.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- May scan documents to patient chart.
- Monitor inventory of disaster preparedness materials and equipment.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.