PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Technician II for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.31, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Performs technical job functions that assist the pharmacists in providing pharmaceutical care. Job functions are product related.
- All work must be performed and checked under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Prepares IV’s, PCA’s, Epidurals and labels all IV products.
- Prepares chemotherapeutic intravenous medications as requested.
- Packages drugs into unit dose packaging and maintains packaging records.
- Runs fill-lists and prepares medications for Cubies and Pyxis stations.
- Delivers medications and IV’s to patient care areas.
- Delivers controlled substances to patient care areas, takes controlled substance physical inventories and reconciles substance inventory counts.
- Files completed prescriptions alphabetically on the shelf for patient pickup.
- Answers the outpatient window and hands out refills when specifically requested to do so by a pharmacist where no counseling is deemed necessary.
- Fills outpatient prescriptions for pharmacist checking. This function is performed under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist and the accuracy of the prescription contents is checked and initialed by a licensed pharmacist.
- Operates cash register and related front counter tasks.
- Reconstitutes medication by adding a specific quantity of distilled water requiring no calculation. In 100% of the cases, the accuracy of the technician is check and the work initialed by a licensed pharmacist.
- Handles nonprofessional phone calls from patients, provider offices and staff.
- Enters outpatient prescriptions into the computer and prepares labels for medications to be checked by the pharmacist.
- Keypunches patient charges and credits.
- Purchases medications from suppliers, checks in the order, processes invoices, credits and backorders. Restocks medications on the shelves as needed.
- Inspects medications for outdates in patient care area Pyxis stations on a monthly basis.
- Participates in quality improvement activities as requested by management.
- Participates in educational in-services as requested by management.
- Promotes a safety-conscious work environment.
- Maintains assigned work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Communicate appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a Washington State Board of Pharmacy approved Level A Pharmacy Technician program.
- Minimum of one-year experience in hospital pharmacy utilizing unit dose, IV admixtures and pharmacy computer systems is preferred.
- Experience with Excel and Work is preferred.
- Current National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPHT).
- Washington State Board of Pharmacy Level A Assistant Certificate; or per RCW 18.64A.020 may work as Tech Level A while in training program under direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Demonstrable customer service skill is required.
- Demonstrable mathematical skill is required.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment is required.
- Ability to take suggestions, corrections and directions from the pharmacist is required.
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with other healthcare team members is required.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions is required.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.