PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Tech Trainee for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.84, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Participate in on-the-job training learning to perform duties of the Pharmacy Technician. Under the direct supervision of the pharmacist, learn to assist pharmacy technicians and pharmacists in the delivery of patient care. Must be enrolled in PeaceHealth-approved Pharmacy Technician Training Program. Washington state programs require PQAC approval.
- May assist with answering telephones when appropriate and within legal guidelines and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
- May assist with inspecting medications for outdates in patient care areas, including Pyxis machines, on a monthly basis.
- May assist with preparation of IVs, PCAs, Epidurals and labeling of IV products. May include chemotherapy if appropriate training and competency achieved.
- May assist with packaging drugs into unit dose packaging and maintenance of packaging records.
- May assist with reconstitution of medication by adding a specific quantity of distilled water requiring no calculation.
- May assist with running fill lists, pulling medications to be checked, and delivering to patient care areas.
- May assist with delivery of medications and IVs to patient care areas. May assist with delivery of controlled substances to patient care areas, takes controlled substance physical inventories and reconciles controlled substance inventory counts.
- May assist with checking in the order, processing invoices, credits and backorders. May assist with restocking medication on the shelves as needed and, if needed, purchasing medication from suppliers.
- Maintain assigned work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Completes required coursework for Pharmacy Technician Training Program
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Completion of high school diploma or GED program
- WA: Active Pharmacy Assistant licensure by date of hire
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to take suggestions, corrections, and directions from the pharmacists
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
• Position is limited to 12 months from start of training.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.