PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Informatics Coordinator for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Are you looking for your next adventure? Do you want a career where you are busy and able to grow professionally, with the freedom and opportunity to experience all the Pacific Northwest offers in your leisure time? Do you believe each patient deserves safe, evidence-based, and compassionate care? If so, PeaceHealth RiverBend Springfield, Oregon might be the place for you!
The Pharmacy Informatics Coordinator facilitates the provision of pharmaceutical care through the effective use of available information technologies; plans, develops, coordinates and updates Pharmacy Department inpatient and outpatient electronic information systems; ensures all systems are properly integrated; facilitates department distribution and clinical activities. Performs Pharmacist work.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Provides all levels of service of a Pharmacist including staffing if necessary.
- Participates actively in teams with leadership to maximize department productivity both clinically and operationally. Advises the leadership team on technology matters relating to long-range planning, budgeting, and program development and needs assessment; maintains close communication with leadership to ensure effective advocacy of technology issues at the leadership level.
- Acts as Department Compliance Officer with responsibility to maintain compliance with all relevant regulations; responsible for interfacing with Patient Financial Services department to maximize reimbursement and to ensure timely and accurate billing from all department systems.
- Responsible for training in use of organization and department technologies; tracks performance and progress of caregiver, provider, and leadership understanding/usage. Provides progress reports on new hires and on-going competencies to appropriate leadership.
- Mentors Pharmacist Residents in their Pharmacy Informatics Rotations.
- Acts as an emergency back-up pharmacy manager when other pharmacy leadership are not available.
- Assists management in Continuous Quality Improvement processes including action management and Medication Utilization Review through expertise with all available data mining reports.
- Acts as primary department representative to information systems consultant; works closely with department leadership to ensure department goals are achieved through maximized IS talent and resources.
- Interfaces with leadership and caregivers outside the department, individually and as part of teams as required to support and maximize use of organizational and pharmacy technology.
- Develops policies and procedures for the effective and efficient use of departmental technology systems to include planning for appropriate backup contingencies in the event of system downtimes.
- Tests all new systems and system updates to identify and report defects prior to implementation; communicates regularly with vendors of existing systems to maximize system utilization and to facilitate system improvements, enhancements or to resolve system defects.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS is required. PharmD degree or RPhD degree from an accredited college of pharmacy is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in a hospital clinical environment; pharmacy information system experience
- Currently licensed or able to obtain Registered Pharmacist license to practice pharmacy in the state in which caregiver will be working.
- Practical experience in clinical pharmacy to manage technology as required.
- Knowledge of clinical processes and the impact of technology to the provision of Pharmaceutical Care required.
- Knowledge of pharmacology and issues related to appropriate and accurate dispensing of medication to patients.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to analyze/problem solve
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team;
- Computer skills to include ability to provide application of computer technology to a full-service health system pharmacy;
- Ability to train staff
- Proven leadership ability
For consideration, email a copy of your resume to [email protected] and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.