PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center in Ketchikan, Alaska is seeking a Hospital Scheduler Senior - Radiology for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $19.41 - $29.11; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Under the general supervision schedules procedures for multiple departments (e.g. surgery, imaging, respiratory therapy, GI, etc.) and prepares charts for these procedures. Facilitates physicians work schedules and daily staffing assignments for nurses and technologists within department. Central point of communication facilitating incoming and outgoing phone calls. Interfaces with nursing units, physician’s offices and other hospitals. Facilitates the efficient and smooth operation of the department by completing support activities as assigned.
- Responsible for collecting information related to scheduling procedures, efficiently and effectively entering case into various scheduling systems and coordinating the procedure time.
- Create, maintain, and coordinate real-time schedules and complete edits in a timely manner.
- Monitor cancellation of procedure schedules.
- Coordinates with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility, including prior authorization of procedures.
- Coordinates scheduling of resources and equipment to ensure both caregivers and equipment are in place for surgeries and/or procedures to maximize efficiencies in the providers schedules and streamline of patient flow.
- Central point of communication for community referring physicians’ offices, system patient financial services, and internal customers utilizing their services. Receive all incoming phone calls related to all aspects of scheduling and coordinating of patients and resources. Interface with nursing units, physicians, community offices and other medical facilities to coordinate appointments and secure resources necessary for patient care on the date of service.
- Supports patients and families in understanding the course of pre-operative preparations and testing.
- Coordinate patient flow through the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Business school, college level secretarial training or equivalent, with course work in office management, preferred.
- Two years of secretarial experience is preferred.
- Previous scheduling experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology is preferred.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have clear and concise telephone skills.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and responsibly in and environment with multiple demands and time frames, and with minimal supervision.
- Scheduling/staffing background strongly recommended in a healthcare environment. Effective skills in problem solving, verbal and written communication skills, organizing and disseminating information with previous demonstrated positive outcomes.
- Must have a working knowledge of staffing office systems and customer service.
- Proficiency with basic computer software applications, including E-mail and, word processing is required.
- Knowledge of CareCast, Imagecast, Outlook, Word, Pics and Excel is preferred.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 10% of the time with near constant sitting.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail 80-100% of work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.