***$4,000 sign on bonus***
PeaceHealth is seeking a LPN Chronic Disease Coordinator - Care Mgmt for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $24.76, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Coordinates integrated care delivery across selected populations to improve clinical and financial outcomes through the implementation of health and disease management programs. Functions as a core member of the interdisciplinary care team and may fulfill several roles and responsibilities within scope of practice.
- Coordinates and integrates care of selected populations by managing chronic disease registries and conducting outreach using various program delivery methods. Evaluates reports and acts on outlier databased on criteria set forth by the PHMG Quality Committee and/or appropriate regional disease management program and/or performance improvement committee(s).
- Under Care Manager supervision, case manages a panel of patients, including implementing care plans and utilizing tracking tools, coaching for activation, providing education, patient/family support and coordinating with other care providers and resources.
- Works with discharge planners and coordinates transitions of care, arranging warm handoffs between the clinic and hospitals, emergency departments or care facilities. Facilitates the sharing of information across people, functions, and sites.
- Performs initial health screening per established protocols, resolves patient inquires within scope, and escalates patient inquiries beyond scope to RN Care Manager via warm handoff.
- Participates as a proactive team member of a patient-centered medical home, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Under the oversight of provider, may be responsible for telephone triage using age-specific triage protocol books and computerized resources.
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
EXPERIENCE / TRANIING:
- Two years of experience in an outpatient care setting for LPNs preferred.
- Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
- Experience or training in motivational interviewing or coaching for activation preferred.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
- Current unencumbered LPN license applicable to state of practice required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including basic understanding of motivational interviewing techniques
- Strong writing skills
- Effective telephone communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to adhere to quality, safety and infection control standards
- Ability to manage personal growth, taking initiative to meet challenges within the team care environment
- Effective prioritization skills
COMMUNITY / LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
- LPNs at PeaceHealth working in the state of Oregon will ONLY perform triage components that align with applicable state regulations within the LPN scope of practice as defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
PHMG PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.