PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant Employee Health for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.22, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Under the supervision of an Employee Health RN or Employee Health leadership, follows standards of practice in occupational health within scope for a Medical Assistant. Provides clinical, administrative and technical support services within the Employee Health Department as directed by an Employee Health RN and Employee Health leadership.
- Conducts post-offer immunization screenings and assesses needs for education and immunizations according to specific job classifications and under the supervision of an Employee Health RN.
- Investigates exposures to blood borne pathogens as well as other exposures to contagious diseases utilizing comprehensive case management approach.
- Maintains programs and services as required to remain in compliance with OSHA and DNV standards and mandates.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new policies and programs and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Coordinates the set up and organization of flu shot clinics and other Employee Health projects and programs with assistance from manager and team as needed.
- Conducts TB screening and immunization of healthcare workers against specific illnesses under the supervision of an Employee Health RN.
- Maintains confidential healthcare worker medical files and other information including entry of data in medical record.
- Assists in medical surveillance process for infectious disease including surveillance lab testing if needed.
- May provide phone screening of patient to triage to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associates degree in Allied Health).
- Minimum of one year of experience in a clinic or outpatient setting required.
- State of Washington Medical Assistant –certified licensure required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles to meet each patient’s needs.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Ability to operate a personal computer: proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to adhere to quality, safety and infection control standards.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.