PeaceHealth is seeking a Development Officer for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
The Development Officer (DO) for PHSW Foundation is responsible for growing and maintaining a comprehensive major gifts/planned giving program focused on attracting gifts in excess of $25,000. The DO carries a portfolio of 125-150 and is expected to raise a minimum of $1M annually. This person builds strong relationships with major/planned giving donors and prospects and actively develops a major/planned giving pipeline of larger gifts and increased revenue. Although it’s expected that the DO has a good understanding of healthcare fundraising and service lines, the DO will be the point person on specific service lines, work with those clinicians and develop cases for support and stewardship tactics within those service lines.
Responsible for growing and maintaining a comprehensive major gifts/planned giving program focused on attracting gifts in excess of $25,000 (or the defined major gift threshold). Builds strong relationships with major/planned giving donors and prospects and actively develops a major/planned giving pipeline of larger gifts and increased revenue.
- Researches and manages a portfolio of major donors and prospects.
- Develops written cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans, utilizing a moves management approach to engage prospects and donors.
- Engages in face-to-face contacts with identified, qualified potential and existing major gift donors. Provides documentation of activities as part of a management program recorded in Raisers Edge.
- Engages board members, physicians, leadership and volunteers in the education, cultivation, solicitation, closure and stewardship of major gift prospects/donors.
- Provides leadership and support to fundraising committees and physicians to assist in prospect identification and cultivation, training, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects of $25,000 (or the defined major gift threshold) and above.
- Continues to build a portfolio of qualified prospects.
- Yields major gifts solicitations and contributions to successfully meet annual pre-determined organizational fundraising goals.
- Develops plans and manages processes to provide exceptional donor recognition and stewardship for major gift donors.
- Attends events that relate to major gift prospects and donors.
- Provides after hour coverage to benefactors on a rotational basis.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fundraising, business administration, communication, marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in successful identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects/donors, preferably in a healthcare, academic medicine or higher education environment
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers in the development process
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) is preferred
- Ability to travel required.
- Ability to secure significant individual gifts with outstanding follow-through and stewardship of donors' investments
- Ability for a very high activity level in the field, strong initiative, and self-motivation
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills to work effectively with hospital staff, physicians and other medical professionals, donors, volunteers, and the public
- Ability to initiate programmatic activities independently, organize/set priorities, and complete work in a timely manner despite deadlines and competing requirements
- Ability and willingness to be a team player and to adapt to changing priorities
- Understanding and ability to explain basic planned giving vehicles and opportunities
- Ability to embrace the fundraising ethics of compassion and PeaceHealth Mission
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.