PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Charge Nurse - Psychiatric Unit for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Day position to provide frontline leadership working under the direction of the Manager/Director. The Charge Nurse assists the Manager/Director in coordinating unit activities which assure safe and clinically effective patient care. The Charge Nurse supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate care and services to patients and families from diverse ethnic and social groups. Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of routine duties. Hourly compensation starts at $41.39, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
**$10,000 Sign on bonus for eligible candidates!**
**Relocation assistance available**
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Coordinate patient care by shift and department.
- Supervision and assessment of clinical practice. Direct and delegate to other team members.
- Coach for performance to achieve individual and organizational goals; including orientation, competencies and evaluations.
- Develop the departmental team and collaborative relationships to achieve expected outcomes.
- Serve as a clinical and resource expert for the department.
- Articulate shift/team operational issues to management as appropriate.
- Appropriate stewardship of resources.
- Adapts decision-making style to the situation and level of authority for achieving an optimal outcome including using collaborative decision making and effective communication skills.
- Identify and apply opportunities for clinical practice improvement and support them with staff.
- Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Nurses may be able to work in another nursing unit within Sacred Heart Medical Center University District and RiverBend if they have completed the necessary CareConnect training, unit-specific competencies, and have been deemed competent by a leader of the unit they are floating to (including, but not limited to the unit manager, assistant nurse manager, or clinical nurse educator).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required within 36 months from the start date of the Charge Nurse role.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of two years acute care nursing experience required
- Three years of acute care nursing strongly preferred
- One-year continuous inpatient psychiatric experience within last five years OR three years clinical experience in outpatient behavioral health/psychiatry/community based mental health setting combined with successful completion of Inpatient Behavioral Health education modules, orientation, and standard competencies OR successful completion of an approved training course/orientation and standard competencies within six months of hire.
- Ability to deal effectively with agitated and potentially violent patients.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required
- Facilitation skills preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Consistently demonstrates Service Excellence behaviors with patients, families and colleagues
- Able to support and interpret medical center’s philosophy, policies and procedures
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and unit needs in decision making
- Demonstrated interest in staff development
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.