PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse for a full-time position on the Telemetry unit at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. **$10,000 Sign-on Bonus** This is a .9 FTE Night shift position working three 12-hour shifts each week on our 32 bed inpatient unit.
We offer you :
- $10,000 Sign-On Bonus & Relocation Assistance
- Hourly compensation starts at $40.02, more depending on experience, advanced degree, and specialty nursing certification
- Comprehensive benefits package that include three medical plan options to select from
- A mission driven healthcare system with a caring and collaborative culture
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey
PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 150-bed acute care medical center providing services to Cowlitz County and surrounding communities. The area’s sole community hospital and a Level III trauma center, and our multi-specialty Medical Group, provides dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
Moving to the area? Why you'll love Longview and the surrounding communities:
- Longview, and its sister city Kelso, are family friendly communities with a combined population of 60,000
- A variety of housing opportunities all within 15-20 minutes of the hospital; apartments/condos in town, historic old west side homes, housing developments, or a home in the country with acreage - all within 15-20 minutes of the hospital.
- No traffic congestion and an easy commute to work
- Just 45 minutes North of Portland offers close access to urban amenities
- A great central location with numerous outdoor recreational with lakes, rivers, and close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, the Mountains, and the Gorge
- Beautiful Lake Sacajawea is in the center of Longview and offers 4 miles of walking and biking paths, fishing, kayaking, and numerous play grounds
Questions, feel free to reach out to the Nurse Recruiter at [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- WA State RN license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW WSNA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.