PeaceHealth is seeking a System Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for a Full Time, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Position is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating a vision and strategy that creates and sustains an environment of inclusiveness and equity across the organization. Develops, implements, and monitors programs that promote diversity and equity within PeaceHealth. Responsible for developing training and initiatives to create and foster a safe and equitable environment. Responsible for the curriculum to achieve social justice literacy for PeaceHealth leaders, clinicians, and caregivers. Provides leadership to the Directors of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion for each of PeaceHealth’s networks. Implements tactics including assessment of current state of antiracist culture, development of policies utilizing an equity and antiracist lenses, education advancing racial justice literacy, sponsorship of Caregiver Affinity Groups and partnership in the development of diversity management processes, such as succession planning, stretch assignments, mentoring etc. Partners with senior leadership, operations, human resources, mission services, legal, and organizational integrity in the development of systemwide, multi-year PeaceHealth Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Strategic Plan. Responsible for quality, service, and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
- Develops and manages the annual strategy and budget for the Center for PeaceHealth Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access. Manages performance metrics, continuous process improvement and reporting on progress toward goal achievement.
- Partners with the System VP of Mission Integration and the senior leadership team on development of anti-racist strategies which enhance equity and inclusion at PeaceHealth. Integrates antiracist equity lens into existing programs, policies and practices, and dismantling inequities and barriers that non-dominant groups experience. Partners with HR partner organization and legal teams to critically address the issues of discrimination and racism through custom-designed training and coaching when needed.
- Develops and implements curriculum that advances social justice and antiracist literacy, fosters a climate of respect and inclusion, and raises levels of consciousness surrounding cultural intersectional identities and allyship systemwide, in a partnership with learning and development. Creates and facilitates leadership development that enhances inclusive, antiracist leadership competencies and inclusion, diversity, equity, and access (IDEA) integration into daily operations systemwide. Provides coaching to leaders on how to support their Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) employees while navigating race relations and issues of inclusion, diversity, and equity. Utilizes analytics to identify unconscious biases and works with leaders to navigate those biases.
- Sponsors Caregiver Affinity Groups (CAGs) aimed to enhance caregiver engagement, sense of belonging and retention. Partners with CAGs in their strategic planning, budgeting, system-wide expansion, standard work development and providing them opportunities for system-wide visibility.
- Works closely with people and culture teams, leaders and hiring managers to assess and augment sourcing and selection processes as well as enhance programming focused on developing, mentoring, promoting, and retaining a diverse workforce. Partners with internal and external stakeholders in developing and implementing diversity talent development and scholarship programs that benefit PeaceHealth’s underrepresented caregivers.
- Provides training to recruiters and hiring managers on diversity recruitment and promotion related topics such as Affirmative Action planning, diversity recruitment strategies, succession planning, legal parameters and unconscious bias.
- Supports development and assurance of policy, practice, and regulatory compliance to provide culturally fluent care.
- Implements appropriate metrics, initiatives, identified best practices required to effectively manage Affirmative Action Plan, including protocols to ensure survey readiness and to successfully respond to inquiries or audits from government agencies.
- Manages all DEI caregivers, assigns tasks, schedules, approves time off, and provides training, direction, performance evaluations, and performance-related coaching as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, health administration, public health, social work, or related area or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the inclusion, diversity, equity, and anti-racism field.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Experience in leadership development, instructional design, and facilitation in the context of equity and antiracism.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Diversity certification(s) preferred.
- Subject matter expertise in inclusion, diversity, equity, and antiracism (IDEA) and experience in embedding equity, anti-racism, and anti-oppression practices into organizational culture.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in strategy development, change management, learning design and project management, particularly in system-wide initiatives.
- Confidence to take calculated risks, push the learning edge, function as a leader amid challenging situations and motivate others to do the same.
- Positive influencer of people with strong abilities in interpersonal communication, facilitation, training, and leadership.
- Ability to consult, coach, and work collaboratively with individuals and groups including senior leaders, physicians, managers, recruitment teams, and other internal and external customers with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and impact.
- Ability to persuade and influence in complex and sensitive situations within all levels of the organization to effect decisions and outcomes that align with best practices.
- Effective at demonstrating empathy, listening for understanding, and facilitating difficult conversations.
- Ability to travel including out of area and overnight as needed.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws. For more information, please feel free to contact Kirk H. Hunt, Executive Recruiter at [email protected]