PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Emergency Department for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.61, more depending on experience.
Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be available!
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required.
- BSN preferred or enrolled in.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Must demonstrate independent management of cardiac, critical care, complex care med/surg, psychiatric, and multiple trauma patients of all age groups.
- A minimum of one year as a primary clinical provider in the ER setting is preferred.
- RN's with prior clinical practice, New Grad RN's with prior experience in other emergency type situations, paramedic, EMS etc. will also be taken into consideration.
- The ability to work in an intermittently fast paced, high volume, high-risk environment is required.
- IV Skills for all ages required.
- Computer charting required.
- ABG experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing at date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ACLS and PALS required at date of hire or be renewed at next available class locally.
- Telemetry experience.
- Current TNCC and ENPC or renew when next available course locally.
- CEN preferred.
- ACLS, PALS, TNCC, ENPC would not be expected for a new grad RN hiring on.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Ketchikan Medical Center:
- Nurse may be required to float between Obstetrics and Regional Infusion Center units as requested/required and maintain competencies for both units.
KETCHIKAN PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate or pay close attention to detail for more than 66% of the work time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.