PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Cardiology Coordinator - Cardiology for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Hourly compensation starts at $43.98, more depending on experience.
Spotlight on Vancouver - YouTube
Provides professional nursing support and services for patients, functioning with a high degree of knowledge, skill and experience in cardiovascular care that is applied to achieve optimal outcomes through critical analysis, problem solving and decision making.
Details of the Position
- Prepares charts for procedures, clarifying inconsistencies or omissions that could cancel or delay the procedure; begins the general admission history and medication reconciliation; coordinates the admission, doing pre-procedure teaching and providing a smooth transition to the unit.
- Coordinates and provides moderate sedation for inpatient and outpatient Transesophageal echo and cardioversions.
- Independently performs Tilt Table Studies and submits to Electrophysiologist for reading.
- Independently performs Echo and Vascular IV contrast injections per standing orders as requested.
- Independently supervises and monitors all modes of Stress Testing following all guidelines and protocols.
- Triages and assesses outpatients who develop symptoms of chest pain or other distress. May need to take patients to the ED or notify PCP for further orders. Serves as resource to physicians and caregivers.
- Provides nursing services/medication administration for patients in the Nuclear Medicine department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you Bring
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
- Minimum of one year recent clinical cardiology experience required, Experience must demonstrate independent thinking, clinical judgement and ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ACLS (Advanced Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Specialist certification (PCRN, CVRN) preferred.
- Advanced cardiac and vascular assessment and EKG skills.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient centered work environment.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Jennifer, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.