PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Assistant - for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Hourly compensation starts at $17.61, more depending on experience plus benefits.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for providing assistance and administrative support to the Neurohospitalist/Neurocritical Care and Endovascular programs.
DETAILS OF POSITION
- Coordinates the registration, screening, flow and follow-up processes for Neurohospitalists/Neurocritical care and the Endovascular program. This includes: surgery scheduling and prior authorizations; assisting patients with new provider appointments and referrals; scheduling appointments and coordinating physician and midlevel providers inpatient and outpatient schedules including on call services; and providing report packets to manager.
- Provides clerical and administrative support functions to department and leadership including, but not limited to: scheduling meetings; distributing communications; maintaining files; record keeping for meetings; taking inventory and ordering of supplies; maintaining patient records; and answering and directing department calls.
- Utilizes computer skills to create, prepare and revise reports, correspondence, databases and other documents using word processing, spreadsheets and publisher software
- Serves as a liaison between the Stroke program, Endovascular program, Neurology program and Neurohospitalists/Neurocritical Care program
- Provides assistance on additional programs as needed.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- High school diploma or equivalent with up to 24 months training in business applications and/or computer applications preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Minimum three years detailed secretarial/administrative experience (or equivalent combination of education and/or experience).
- Minimum of three years in a medical office or outpatient clinic environment with experience scheduling complex procedures/visits across multiple departments preferred.
- Customer service related work experience in a medical related position preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required upon hire.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- MS office skills to include Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent accuracy, proofing and grammar skills.
- Well-organized and highly detail oriented.
- Demonstrated minute taking/recording skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, set and manage multiple priorities, use independent judgment and make decisions related to departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.