PeaceHealth is seeking a Hospital Engineer Senior - Facilities for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $33.06, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Performs a variety of general, mechanical, and preventative maintenance tasks as well as inspections, servicing repair and overhaul of equipment and facilities of the medical centers.
- Operates, troubleshoots, adjusts and performs complicated repairs and/or schedules and coordinates others on various types of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Estimates parts and materials needs and develops purchase requisitions.
- Serves as a mentor and provides instruction and training to fellow caregivers on the safe and proper installation, operation and maintenance of various mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post high school apprenticeship or other equivalent formalized training preferred.
- Five years experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment and systems required.
- Supervisory experience in a maintenance environment preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability in records and projects organization, quality control and successful time management
- Good computer, keyboarding and data entry skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret complicated mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications, and procedure manuals
KMC PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc., or dangerous equipment.
- Requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste.
- Reasonably anticipated that this position will be exposed to blood and body fluids an average of once a month or more.
- Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR).
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 33% of work time).
- May be required to operate motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.