PeaceHealth is seeking a Program Coordinator - Nursing Residency for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $47.48 - $71.22; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, and/or work location.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for overall coordination and management of the New Grad RN Residency program for an assigned community including applicant screening to recruit new grad residents, the development and implementation of program curriculum, oversight of resident progressions through program components, developing innovative strategies for retention of newly graduated nurses in collaboration with assigned unit nursing leadership
- Develops, implements, and evaluates RN Residency Program curriculum based on patient care needs.
- Conducts and/or coordinates classes, skills verification labs, specialized courses, group sessions and other activities that constitute the curriculum.
- Provides leadership and supervision to RNs and other personnel associated with the residency program. Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of new graduate talent pipelines for the program.
- Functions as liaison between disciplines and departments ensuring a smooth coordination of entry into units, communicating and collaborating with many different members of the inter-professional care team.
- Serves as an operational liaison for all residency program needs. Including monitoring budget, staffing and reporting facilitation issues to the education and nursing leadership team.
- Regularly meets with unit nursing leadership to discuss residents’ progress and addresses performance issues and takes corrective action as necessary; conducts performance reviews in a timely and effective manner in partnership with assigned unit nursing leadership.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired patient-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes. Establishes credibility with physicians, management team members, and outside business partners and customers.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; Master of Science degree in Nursing with an education focus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in clinical area of practice
- Minimum of three (3) years of nurse educator experience.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor or completion within first year of employment.
- Professional Certification in clinical area or management preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Models and promotes professionalism in nursing practice within the model of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and a variety of equipment or technology tools.
- Ability to engage learners and apply adult learning techniques.
- Basic skills in a variety of education technology methodologies.
- Work requires normal exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34%- 65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.