PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Manager Alaska Peds/OB for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $53.22, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
*** $5000.00 Sign-On Bonus *** *** $5000.00 Sign-On Bonus *** *** $5000.00 Sign-On Bonus *** Relocation assistance may be available for this position.
Spotlight on Ketchikan Medical Center: https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5792
Ketchikan, Alaska is truly the beginning of the last frontier. Set at the southernmost entrance to Alaska's famed Inside Passage—a network of waterways that snake through some of the most jaw-droppingly beautiful wilderness in the world—Ketchikan is best known for feisty salmon, idyllic scenery, hunting, and an incredibly rich Alaska Native culture.
Manages the operations of primary care, and/or outpatient specialty and surgical clinics and services in Alaska. Responsible for operation performance, financial goals, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Facilitates an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach in the delivery of care and programs; partnering with physicians, providers and operational leadership to provide effective and proactive management of clinic operations and/or clinical programs. Manages physicians, providers and caregivers.
Details of the position:
- Full authority/oversight over daily operations including but not limited to monitoring and prioritizing workflow, planning, developing, organizing and controlling activities.
- Establish and maintain clinical standards of care for clinic nursing team. Manages and oversees the delivery of exceptional and compassionate care to all patients within areas of responsibility.
- Analyzes, organizes and manages clinical and non-clinical operations of assigned areas. .
- Oversees contracts for visiting providers that are not employees of PeaceHealth. May include management of a large population of visiting providers representing a variety of specialties.
- Partners with physicians and senior clinic leadership to lead clinic and/or program operations to ensure overall success of areas of responsibility. Engage staff, providers and leadership in developing and implementing action plans to meet annual operating goals that are in alignment with strategic plan and to resolve clinic and/or program issues in a timely manner.
- Overall accountability and oversight of assigned clinics, services and programs including financial and operational performance; provider practice efficiency; service excellence; budget development and management; staffing; talent/performance management. Engages appropriate stakeholders in the review and dissemination of area financial and productivity performance.
- Manage the selection, training, coaching, mentoring, development and evaluation of assigned staff. Full employment authority.
- Provide first line response to physician and assigned staff issues (behavioral and clinical). Responsible for problem resolution in collaboration with lead physicians(s) and/or senior clinic leadership as necessary.
- Support/influence strategic initiatives and manage programs in identified service lines. Provides solutions and strategic direction for addressing the business operational issues.
- Involved with planning and implementation of new or acquired service and business ventures.
- Leads process improvement initiatives. Analyzes situations, identifies problems, identifies and evaluates alternative courses of action and implements improvement plans through utilization of Quality Improvement (QI) and Process Improvement (PI) principles.
- Demonstrates emphasis on inspiring caregivers and improving quality of staff, systems, and environment to insure high quality care and service.
- Ensures that legal and regulatory standards, as well as clinic and/or program and department policies and procedures are implemented and monitored.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required. BSN preferred
- Master’s degree in business or healthcare management is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related healthcare experience, including a minimum two years of leadership experience required.
- Clinic and/or clinical operations experience required.
- Current RN licensure in the state practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required at date of hire.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, team building, process improvement, leadership and time management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
- Strong financial management skills including analytical skill and familiarity with benchmarking financial and operational performance.
- Embraces and promotes teamwork.
- Knowledge of an experience with continuous improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Demonstrated competence in developing business plans for new services and capital equipment.
PHMG PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For more details of the job description, please contact Melissa at [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.