***Hiring Bonus may be available!***
PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Access Representative Lead - Oncology for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.84, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Assists in coordinating some or all of the following activities: scheduling; insurance verification and pre-certification; billing concerns and co-pay collections. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit services.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work; monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive feedback; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement; ensures compliance with policies; provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Pre-registers patients with accurate patient demographic and financial data. May register patients using a mobile cart that is taken in to patient room or other areas.
- Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
- Serves as a resource for questions including compliance and complaints, and trouble-shooting patient billing and staff issues
- Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
- May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year of Patient Access Rep experience required.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD coding required.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations required.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PHMG Communities Only:
- Strong background in customer service and/or in a lead role may be considered in lieu of Patient Access Rep experience.
PHMG Clinics – Eugene/Springfield:
- Timekeeper, scheduler and MYTime specialist.
- Update and maintain provider schedules.
- Maintain and audit PAR cash drawers.
- Initiate Patient Dismissal Process and collaborate with Supervisor/Manager.
PHMG Clinics – NW:
- Performs the job functions of Surgery Scheduler as part of the PAR Lead role
PHSR (SIUSLAW REGION):
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire. (Not required for Lead role in Physical Therapy department).
PHMG PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time)
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.