PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Emergency RN for a Mid-Shift position at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. In this .9 FTE position you will work three 12-hour shifts each week, with 10am, 11am, and 1pm start times.
We offer you:
- A Hiring Bonus is available!
- Relocation Assistance
- Hourly compensation starts at $41.33, more depending on experience
- Additional compensation for BSN, MSN, and Emergency Nursing Certification, and shift differentials
- Excellent benefits package that includes: 3 medical plans to select from, PTO accrual from Day 1, retirement plan with matching contribution plus a base contribution between 4-8%, tuition reimbursement, Paid Education Days with up to $400 for relevant classes/re-cert fees
About St. John Medical Center:
- 150-bed medical center with level III trauma center
- 37 bed Emergency department with 50,000 visits annually
- Part of PeaceHealth, a nonprofit mission driven healthcare system
- On the Magnet Journey
- A community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture
- St. John and our multi-specialty Medical Group, provides dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, sleep disorders, bone and joint, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
- Provides services to Cowlitz County and surround Oregon communities
Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon, the Longview-Kelso area offers a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity the urban amenities of Portland nearby. With Longview being situated between the Columbia and Cowlitz Rivers, and just 60-90 minutes from the Pacific Ocean, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Hood, and the Columbia River Gorge, the outdoor recreational options are endless.
For additional information or questions, please contact Lisa at [email protected] or 360.414.2186.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program
- One years Emergency experience required. May consider related experience.
- Must demonstrate independent management of cardiac, complex med/surg, pediatric, and trauma patients.
- WA State RN license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire.
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- PALS or ENPC within one year of hire
- TNCC within one year of hire
- Certification specific to clinic area preferred
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. John Medical Center
- ED – May assist with Trauma case review in conjunction with the Trauma Registrar and/or Trauma Coordinator
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.