PeaceHealth is seeking a Electrophysiology Technologist - Cath Lab for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $51.30, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Works within the scope of the Electrophysiology Technologist to provide individualized, safe and efficient patient care using imaging modalities. Works collaboratively with all other healthcare team members toward the best outcomes for the patient and the organization. Performs invasive procedures in concert with a cardiologist or a radiologist. Applies principles of radiation protection; exercises professional judgement in the performance of procedures; provides patient care essential to procedures; recognizes patient conditions, takes immediate action and initiates life support measures; maintains knowledge current with developing required technology.
- Assess and implement patient care within scope of education and/or licensure in concert with Cardiologist or Radiologist.
- Provide direct patient care. Performs related radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging techniques to demonstrate catheter location, position and document findings.
- Assists the physician to position, manipulate and prepare catheters and guide wires prior to and during the procedures.
- Document patient care in health record according to department standards.
- Prepares and maintains sterile field, monitors and records patient condition and procedures progress.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development.
- Proficiency with electrogram interpretation, programmed electrical stimulation, and intracardiac echo preferred.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
- Graduate of an accredited Cardiovascular Secondary Education Program or Radiologic Technologist Program or a combination of education and experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous experience with clinical electrophysiology is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- CVTs with only on-the-job training must have a minimum of two years of interventional cardiovascular hospital experience.
- Radiologic Technologists must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.) and have an applicable state Radiologic Technologist license. Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES), Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Certified Electrophysiology Specialist (CEPS) preferred.
- Cardiovascular Technologists (CVT) without A.R.R.T. must have a current Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist license (CVIS) through state of practice and must have a current registration as Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES), Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or Certified Electrophysiology Specialist (CEPS) through the applicable credentialing agency.
- BLS is required upon hire.
- ACLS must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Computer experience required.
- Must have complete understanding of vascular and related organ anatomy.
- Must be able to monitor patient blood pressure, ECG, and Pulse Oximetry using sophisticated clinical equipment.
- Must be able to perform work during periods of crisis and emergency situations. Requires "after hours" call duty as assigned.
- Must be able to lift or move moderate to heavy loads such as patients and mobile equipment on a routine basis.
- Must be able to work effectively in a confined workspace.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
Sacred Heart Medical Center:
- Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI). Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Cardiac Electrophysiology Technology program or 2 years minimum experience in Cath Lab.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat, sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc..; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.