PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Per Diem - Nursing Float Pool for a Per Diem, 0.00 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $42.59, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred
- Minimum of 1 year Acute Care Experience.
- This position may be for a specific business line that may require special skills, knowledge and/or experience as specified in the job posting:
- Minimum 1 year pediatric nursing experience for pediatric care area (or equivalent combination of education and/or experience).
- Minimum 1 year continuous RN experience in an intermediate/progressive nursing unit in the last 3 years for intermediate critical care area.
- Minimum 1 year acute care experience as an RN or (equivalent education and/or experience) preferred and basic EKG course within 6 months and advanced EKG course within 12 months of hire for Cardiology unit.
- WA State RN Licensure
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification within 6 months of hire (new grads within 1 year of hire).
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 12 months hire for Pediatric care area.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
- Neurology and Resource Pool– Nursing care of ischemic, TIAs, and non-traumatic hemorrhagic strokes. Performance of NIHSS, nursing bedside swallow screen. Perform stroke patient education utilizing health literacy education principles. Familiar with stroke guideline driven stroke discharge medications
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.