PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Emergency RN for a .9 FTE Night shift position at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. Join our emergency team in our 37 bed department working three 12-hour Night shifts each week.
We offer you:
- $15,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Relocation Assistance Bonus
- Hourly compensation starts at $41.33, more depending on experience, advanced degree, and specialty nursing certification
- Comprehensive benefits package including 3 medical plans to select from, CE, tuition reimbursement
- A collaborative emergency team
- A busy high acuity emergency with level III trauma center
- 50,000 emergency visits each year
- A mission driven healthcare system
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey
Located just 40 miles North of Portland, Oregon, St. John Medical Center provides services to Cowlitz county and surrounding Oregon communities. The Longview-Kelso area offers the best of both worlds, a peaceful lifestyle and natural beauty of a family-orientated community of 60,000, with close proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Mountains, and the urban amenities of both Portland and Seattle.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN or current enrollment in BSN program preferred
- 1 year of Emergency nursing experience
- Must demonstrate independent management of cardiac, complex med/surg, pediatric, and trauma patients.
- WA State RN license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire.
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- PALS or ENPC within one year of hire
- TNCC within one year of hire
- Certification specific to clinic area preferred
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. John Medical Center
- ED – May assist with Trauma case review in conjunction with the Trauma Registrar and/or Trauma Coordinator
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collectivebargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.