PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Medical for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $37.85, more depending on experience.
Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be available!
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required at date of hire.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year clinical experience as a Staff Nurse or will orient to point of competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required at date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS required at date of hire.
- PALS required within 6 months of hire.
- Telemetry required within 90 days of hire.
- 12 Lead EKG Basics required within 12 months of hire.
- CCRN preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
Ketchikan Medical Center
- Nurse may be required to float between Obstetrics and Regional Infusion Center units as requested/required and maintain competencies for both units.
- Work requires active physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 66% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.