PeaceHealth is is seeking experienced Emergency RNs to join our team at St. John Medical Center! Located in Longview, Washington, St. John has full-time positions available working three 12-hour shifts each week in our 37 bed emergency department.
We offer you:
- .9 FTE - Night shift or Mid-Shift position
- Hiring Bonus is available
- Relocation Assistance
- Starting hourly pay is $41.33, more depending upon experience, plus additional pay for BSN/MSN, DNP, and specialty nursing certification pay
- A community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture
- Supportive leadership
- A fast-paced high acuity Emergency department
About PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center:
- 150-bed acute care community hospital with level III Trauma Center
- 54,000 Emergency visits annually
- Part of a mission driven healthcare system
- Provides services to Cowlitz County and surrounding Oregon communities
- Together with our multi-specialty Medical Group, we provide dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
Moving to the area? Why you'll love Longview and the surrounding communities:
- A variety of housing opportunities - live in town or in the country, all within 15-20 minutes of St. John
- No traffic congestion and an easy commute to work
- Live in a family friendly community, with urban amenities of Vancouver and Portland just 45 minutes
- St. John is located next to beautiful Lake Sacajawea, the Jewel of Longview, with 4 miles of walking and biking paths, fishing, kayaking, and numerous playgrounds
- A Community College offering numerous Degree and Training Programs
- A variety of entertainment from the Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, Stageworks Northwest, an Art Gallery, college sporting events, an amateur baseball team, breweries, wine tasting rooms, and year around community events including concerts and movies at Lake Sacajawea.
- Endless outdoor recreation opportunities
- Just 1 hour from the Pacific Ocean and 90 minutes to Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge
Check out this video about St. John Medical Center and the local area: https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5685
For additional information or questions, feel free to reach out to Lisa Wishard at [email protected], or 360.414.2186.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Details of the position:
- Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate emergency department patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Washington State RN license required and AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire
- At least one year Emergency nursing experience required. Critical care and other related experience may be considered.
- Must demonstrate independent management of cardiac, complex med/surg, pediatric, and trauma patients.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of hire, TNCC and PALS(or ENPC) required within one year of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.