PeaceHealth is seeking a Sr Vice President, Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Officer for a Full Time, Day position.
Leads the development of systemwide and continuum wide patient care services and nursing care strategies in support of PeaceHealth’s strategic plan. Collaborates with the system and community based executive teams to identify clinical issues critical to PeaceHealth’s performance and mission. Leads system-wide strategies for all patient care services, nursing practice, quality, safety and customer service programs. Oversees selected national programs for increasing PeaceHealth’s value equation (Quality, Safety, Customer Service, Cost) through models of care across the continuum, innovation, clinical informatics, nursing research activities, clinical leadership development, clinical competency programs,evidence based practices and operations enhancement projects and programs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of PeaceHealth’s strategic plan, quality and safety improvement initiatives, resource allocation priorities, operational plans and policies.
- Leads standardization of patient care services, nursing care and nursing models throughout PeaceHealth where nursing is practiced. Manages this through direct matrix leadership of community Chief Nursing Officers.
- Develops and maintains nursing and clinical infrastructure to enhance system-wide decision making and decrease variance in patient care, quality and safety across the care continuum.
- Co-leads or leads national programs or projects with clinical implications, such as clinical transformation, clinical excellence, etc.
- Ensures that standards of patient care are consistent with regulatory standards, nationally recognized professional standards and current research.
- Explores, develops, supports, implements and evaluates new and innovative models of clinical care and patient care services and delivery across the care continuum to improve clinical, financial, patient and caregiver satisfaction outcomes. Provides leadership for development of new approaches to work that support the continuum of PeaceHealth’s mission into the next era of healthy communities.
- Promotes organizational system alignment through collaboration, teamwork and well functioning matrix relationships.
- Develops implementation plans for nursing and patient care services to attain PeaceHealth’s annual and multi-year priorities and initiatives, in concert with efforts of other executives.
- On behalf of Peacehealth, participates in setting a direction for healthcare through leadership roles in national, clinical and advocacy arenas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Business, Public Health, Hospital Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with redesign or process work which includes systemwide implementation required.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience as a registered nurse required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a healthcare executive required.
- Leadership experience across the continuum (both acute and non-acute care) strongly preferred.
- Experience working with and/or reporting to Governing Boards required.
- Experience leading/partnering in multidisciplinary teams required.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required. Eligible for RN license and obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Certification in Nursing or Healthcare Leadership required.
- Up-to-date knowledge of changes in healthcare, emerging clinical methodologies and standards required.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and team skills are required.
- Systems thinker accompanied by the orientation and presence to analyze complex situations, relationships and build coalitions around improving patient care delivery.
- Balanced application of clinical, financial and management skills are required.
- Demonstrated successful ability to lead effective change across care continuum required.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.