PeaceHealth is seeking a Painter - Facilities for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $34.04, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Prepare, repair and finish all walls, woodwork, doors, machinery, railings, building components and furniture as specified.
- Prepare and paint walls, ceilings, doors and frames, cabinetry, equipment and fixtures as assigned.
- Maintain fire and smoke walls to code standards by inspecting, fire caulking and installing or patching drywall.
- Prepare wall surfaces. Install, remove and/or repair vinyl wall covering as assigned.
- Remove and re-install fixtures in preparation for painting, wall covering and remodeling.
- Patch, install and finish drywall.
- Respond to and resolve minor facility installation and repair requests for building walls, ceilings, associated fixtures and equipment as assigned.
- Requisition, order and use maintenance and repair parts in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Maintain knowledge of current required safety practices and consistently perform daily work in compliance with these safety practices.
- Respond to and assist Engineer in resolving alarm or emergency situations involving utility systems, life safety systems and equipment.
- Coordinate, oversee and ensure outside vendor service is properly completed and meets hospital standards for repair and maintenance as assigned.
- Maintain knowledge of hospital disaster, fire and hazardous material emergency processes. Actively participate in drills and critiques as well as actual emergencies.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one year as drywaller/painter.
- Good oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skilled in all aspects of painting, including mixing, matching, cut-in and use of rollers, paint brushes, and paint spray equipment.
- Skilled in paint preparation including sanding, patching, and priming.
- Able to install and finish drywall.
- Skilled in vinyl wall covering installation.
- Work requires active, physical exertion less than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.