PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Critical Care Float for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position.
Hourly compensation is $36.73 - $71.57; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance may be available
- $4.15/hr Evening Differential (1500-2300)
- $7.16/hr Night Differential (2300-0700)
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
Details of the Position:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Two years recent experience as an ED, ICU, or ICU stepdown RN required. Candidates with experience in more than one of these areas preferred.
- Training program with extended orientation could follow for whichever specialty the candidate does not have.
- This is a float position with the expectation that primary assignments will be in the critical care areas, including ICU, ED, and PACU.
- Once orientation completed must be able to care for a broad spectrum of critically ill medical/surgical, neurologic, cardiac, and/or trauma patients.
- Preferred recent float experience.
- Must meet and maintain all training requirements for specific department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS, ENPC, TNCC must be obtained within a standard grace period form hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirement, or upon hire.
- If this is a training position: ACLS, BLS, and RN must be obtained prior to start; ENPC and TNCC preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Melissa, [email protected].
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.