PeaceHealth is seeking experienced ICU Nurses for a Full-Time position at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. Join our team working three 12-hour shifts each week providing care to a mixed medical/surgical ICU adult population in our 18 bed Intensive care unit.
We offer you:
- A Hiring Bonus
- Relocation Assistance is available
- An ICU that's a recipient of the Silver Beacon Award for top notch ICUs from AACN.
- Comprehensive benefits package including 3 medical plan options, dental, vision, retirement plan with employer matching and base contributions, PTO, Tuition reimbursement, Paid education days, and more!
- Starting hourly pay is currently $41.33 depending upon experience, plus additional pay for BSN/MSN, DNP, and specialty nursing certification pay
About PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center:
- 150-bed acute care medical center, level III Trauma Center, and 18 bed Intensive Care Unit
- A mission driven healthcare system on the Magnet Journey
- A community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture
- Provides services to Cowlitz County and surrounding Oregon communities
- The area’s sole hospital with a multi-specialty Medical Group, provides dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
Moving to the area? Why you'll love Longview and the surrounding communities:
- Located just 45 minutes north of Portland and 2 hours South of Seattle
- A variety of housing opportunities ~ live in town or in the country, all within 15-20 minutes of St. John
- No traffic congestion and an easy commute to work
- Live in a family friendly community with urban amenities of Portland nearby
- St. John sits next to beautiful Lake Sacajawea, the Jewel of Longview, with 4 miles of walking and biking paths, fishing, kayaking, and numerous playgrounds
- A Community College offering numerous Degree and Training Programs
- A variety of entertainment from the Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, Stageworks Northwest, an Art Gallery, college sporting events, an amateur baseball team, breweries, wine tasting rooms, recreational softball leagues, and year around community events including concerts and movies at the Lake.
- Endless outdoor recreation from golf, biking, hiking, boating, fishing, and hunting
- 1 hour to the Pacific Ocean and 90 minutes to Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge
For additional information or questions, feel free to reach out to Lisa Wishard at [email protected], or 360.414.2186.
Check out this video on St. John, https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5685
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing
- Active WA State RN license
- Two years recent acute care experience that includes ICU experience, or successful completion of intern/cross-training program.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of hire.
- Certification specific to clinical area preferred
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time)
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.