PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehab for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Spotlight on Vancouver, WA: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Vancouver, Washington – look any direction and the scenery is astounding! Snow-capped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive. The northwest is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. And against that magnificent backdrop, Vancouver and neighboring Portland, Oregon offer all the best amenities of city living. What makes our area so special? A thriving arts scene, varied professional sports teams, unique neighborhoods, and a wealth of diverse culinary destinations.
PeaceHealth’s community of health care professionals in the Vancouver area include PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital with complete services, and PeaceHealth Medical Group, a multi-specialty group serving communities throughout Clark County.
Responsible for providing direct patient care to individuals participating in inpatient or outpatient cardiac, pulmonary and vascular rehabilitation programs. May also work in exercise stress testing laboratory or in other clinical settings where exercise training has been shown to be of therapeutic benefit. Collaborates with physicians and other health care team members to develop, implement, and monitor the patient’s therapy program.
What you will do:
- Conducts individualized initial patient interview and assessment, collects patient medical history and develops individualized treatment plan for comprehensive cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation program.
- Case manages entire cardiac rehabilitation program for individual patients. Implements, modifies and supervises therapeutic program for patients and family members. Assesses and re-assesses patient throughout the program to modify plan of care. Maintains appropriate clinical records and consistently documents data in the appropriate area.
- Develops safe and appropriate exercise prescriptions for diverse patient population with multiple co-morbidities. Collaborates with other health care team members regarding continuity of care, but capable of working independently and making high level clinical decisions on complex and high-risk patients with chronic disease.
- Provides patient counseling on test results and procedures, and instructs patients on home exercise programs, risk factors and other behavior modification.
- Develops and implements educational programs for patients and families.
- Assists Manager and Wellness Services Coordinator with developing and implementing wellness programs, services and special events (e.g. health fairs, community activities, employee and community wellness programs, etc.).
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year degree program in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, or related field is required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in related field preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Two to three years of experience preferred. Previous experience in cardiovascular rehabilitation services preferred.
- Current state licensure required as applicable.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS certification required within one year of hire.
- Certification by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP) or Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP).
- Must have knowledge in cardiac rehabilitation phase I, II and III.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge in exercise physiology, cardiovascular pathophysiology and cardiovascular disease testing and treatments.
- Strong skillset in ECG/arrhythmia recognition.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.