PeaceHealth is seeking a New Patient Coordinator - PeaceHealth Oregon Medical Group for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
Hourly compensation starts at $17.61.
Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling and insurance verification. Assigns patients looking to transfer care, or initiate care with a primary care provider at PHMG.
Details of the Position
- Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data, and verifies coverage.
- Collects basic member information and documents in EMR as appropriate. Works with health plans to assist with transferring members to new PCP’s. Updates rosters for credentialing team.
- Assists with scheduling patient appointments, coordinating with triage nurses and care management for issues identified during scheduling.
- Signs patient up for MYPH portal at time of registration.
- Works provider panels to scrub for inactive patients, following deactivation workflow.
- Oversees provider transition off and on-boarding and communication to patients to transfer patient panel to new provider.
- Works wait lists to place patients onto new provider panels. Works reports to optimize panel capacity and opportunities, including but not limited to, patient deactivation over three years, deceased report, patient reported PCP work queue, and monthly panel reports.
What You Bring
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of two years of medical office or related experience required.
- Scheduling and registration experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Strong background in customer service.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) required.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Maureen, [email protected]
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.