PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced RN for a Full Time position on the 32 bed Telemetry unit at St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington. This is a.9 FTE Day shift position working three 12-hour shifts each week. We offer:
- Hiring Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Starting hourly pay is currently $41.33, more depending upon experience, plus additional pay for BSN/MSN, DNP, and specialty nursing certification pay
- Comprehensive benefits package that include three medical plan options to select from, dental, vision, a retirement plan with employer matching and base contributions, great Paid Time Off Accrual rates, tuition reimbursement, CE, and much more!
- A non-profit mission driven healthcare system on the Magnet Journey
- A community hospital with a caring and collaborative culture
Located just 45 minutes North of Portland, Oregon, St. John Medical Center, and our multi- specialty Medical Group, serve Cowlitz County and surrounding Oregon communities. We provide dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, sleep disorders, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
For additional information or questions, please contact Lisa Wishard at [email protected], or 360.414.2186.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required, BSN preferred.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse required, or New Grad (less than 12 months) hired into the Nurse Residency Program.
- WA State RN license & American Heart Association Provider BLS required at date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- ACLS Certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy, and procedures
- Basic computer skills
LONGVIEW WSNA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.