PeaceHealth is seeking a House Coordinator - Admin for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $45.66, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for the coordination of hospital and patient care services for assigned shifts and works under the supervision of a House Supervisor/Manager or Nurse Manager, as appropriate.
- Provide leadership for clinical excellence, resource management, fiscal accountability and maintenance of positive working relationships with staff, physicians, managers, patients, their families and the public. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
- Make assessment rounds of all patient care areas throughout the hospital at least once per shift. Provide support, guidance, and education for the staff and assists them as needed. Keeps managers and directors apprised of bed capacity and barriers to patient placements, including the need to consider treat & transfer. Responds to codes and RRTs, coordinates caregivers responding to codes.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the staffing coordinator/office or Charge Nurse in decision making of how nursing units are staffed and intervene in patient placement issues.
- Promote problem identification, investigates hospital incidents, facilitate resolution and follow up and communicate as necessary, assists in documentation of incidents.
- Act as contact for news media, law enforcement agencies, coroner, etc. when indicated.
- Assist with the coordination of transfers to and from other facilities, assuring completion of appropriate forms and notification of receiving facility.
- If applicable for the specific facility, provide for the initiation of legal Mental Health Holds and provide for transport to appropriate evaluation facilities. Provide for the safety of the patient, staff, other patients and visitors, while ensuring that the patient's legal rights are not violated.
- Coordinates notification of Pastoral Care according to the needs & requests of patients, families, and staff.
- If applicable for the specific facility, responsible for the coordination and delegation of the Guest House, disbursement of the indigent fund, and organ donation requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing OR related experience may, at the discretion of the hiring manager, be substituted for a degree.
- BSN or Bachelors’ degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting required.
- Previous experience in a leadership or supervisory role preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to resolve issues in a positive manner
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications and any applicable clinical software
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Cottage Grove Community Medical Center:
- Minimum of one-year critical care experience with recent clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Leadership experience required, demonstrated through evidence of significant Charge Nurse, facilitator, project leadership mentorship work or supervisory recent experience.
- Additional License/Certification requirements:
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification and CPI must be obtained upon hire or within a standard grace period from hire or transfer as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training completion requirements.
Additional specific duties:
- Provides direction and authorizes and acts in the absence of the department manager and / or hospital administration.
- Maintains competencies for Inpatient Medical Unit and Emergency Department.
- Performs direct patient care duties.
- Responds to all codes and RRTs and when ED Surge Plan is implemented, is an active team member and/or Lead and facilitates the coordination of all responding team members.
- May be required to take call.
Sacred Heart Medical Center – University District:
- Minimum of one-year Critical Care experience with recent clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting.
EUGENE PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.